October 27, 2021
Bathroom Remodeling Made Easy
May 29, 2019
With acrylic bathroom products, your next remodel can be quick, easy, and affordable. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of using acrylic for your new bathroom design to understand why this material is a popular choice among homeowners and remodeling professionals today.
What is Acrylic?
Although tile is great for bathroom floors, homeowners are quickly learning that it’s a material that is a pain to clean and maintain in more water-exposed areas like baths and showers. Acrylic is both long-lasting and durable, and using this material for bath fixtures has proven effective in many ways for those looking to upgrade or remodel their bathrooms.
What are the Advantages?
The primary benefits that draw homeowners and professional renovators to acrylic for use in bathroom remodels are as follows:
- Mold-Resistant – Acrylic bathtubs and showers are not susceptible to mold, mildew, and fungus growth since the material is nonporous and no grout is involved.
- Easy to Clean – Since there aren’t as many places for stains to accumulate, you can get away with simply washing your acrylic surfaces with non-abrasive cleaners and rinsing with warm water.
- Safe – All acrylic products are made safe to walk on and are therefore naturally slip-resistant.
- Affordable – With its quick and easy installation process, it’s more affordable than alternative bathroom renovations and offers a premium look for a reasonable price.
- Customizable – The material is available in a wide variety of colors and design choices and can be made to resemble marble, granite, and natural stone.
How is it Installed?
Acrylic tubs and shower liners are easily installed over top of your bathroom’s existing fixtures. Professional remodelers will first remove the faucet from your wall and install the acrylic wall surrounding. Next, they will fit the new acrylic bathtub liner securely over the existing tub. Finally, they will replace or install a new faucet and any additional bath or shower accessories.
Why Not Remove the Old Tub?
Removing a bathtub can be a complicated and risky job. If not done perfectly, it can damage bathroom walls, scrape and dent flooring, and disrupt plumbing, which could leave your bathroom out of order for days. Installing the acrylic material directly over the existing bathtub has a much lower risk of damage and enables the installation to be completed in as little as one day.
Acrylic Bathroom Remodeling in Maryland
Bath Doctor has over 40 years of experience in the home improvement industry and specializes in kitchen and bath renovations. As experts in the industry we know how tough it can be on homeowners to choose the best remodeling options for their current bathroom setup, and we’re here to help! Contact us today and let us help you plan a gorgeous bathroom remodel that satisfies both your needs and your budget.